Business advice from Sanjib Sarkar
- What is your company's unique selling proposition? We sell homeopathic medicine products online. Our company also sells other natural products to consumers such as Poison Ivy Lotion, Poison Ivy Pills, Natural Pet Meds, Sun Block and other products.
- When & why did you start your current business/take your current position? Our website started in March 2001. I basically saw a need to provide homeopathic medicine on the Internet. We were the first company to offer this type of service. Now many other companies are started to offer similar services. I have been president of Hmedicine.com since 2001.
- What was the smartest business decision you've made in your current business/current position? Drop shipping products. We carry quite a bit of products so our company is not a 100% drop ship company. However, we specialize in selling hard to find homeopathic medicine. These are great items to drop ship because consumers have a difficult time finding them. Also, they make poor items to stock because a few select people are looking for these homeopathic medicines. We were able to create a niche market because of this.
- What person has had the most impact on the success of your business/career? It has been a host of partners and people helping with the business. I could not name just one. It really takes a team effort to be successful.
- What do you like most about internet marketing? The challenge of dealing with Google. Your site can be ranked in the top 10 one day and you may be in the top 100 the next day. This makes Internet marketing very challenging but at the same time very interesting.
- If you had one piece of internet marketing advice for another business owner, what would it be? Patiently create great content. The website rankings will take care of themselves if you create the great content. You need to have some patience because it may take search engines and people longer than 6 months to start responding and sending you traffic and sales.