IF business owner = idiot WHERE business DOES NOT HAVE CRM
THEN 80% OF business owners MUST BE idiots.
Most small businesses do not employ a CRM. Many "have one" but don't use it. I'm not saying it's easy. But, it's necessary for any small business that wants to be bigger or more profitable someday.
Here's a great list of questions about CRM that you should ask yourself.
- Do you know who your most profitable customers are, and what they purchase?
- Are you aware of the current sales opportunities your sales team is working on?
- Do you know which opportunities are at the beginning, middle, or end of your sales process?
- Can you list the marketing campaigns that generated revenue and which ones failed?
- Do you know the reason for the successes? How about the failures?
- Employees only need to go to a single database for all business information, right?
- Employees never have to enter the same information in more than one database or spreadsheet, eh?
- Do you provide your sales people with current customer account status to avoid wasted time?
- Can you easily control information access for each employee?
- Do you have a trail of: Communications with your clients, problems reported, and solutions implemented?