You're Invited to Write a Guest Post on My Blog
I have about 600 subscribers that I've accumulated over the years. Many I know personally. Many I don't. But, most are either people in the tech biz or small to mid sized business owners. I started small and I've stuck with it. Like anything, it's not easy and it takes committment.
Small & Mid Sized Business Owners and Marketing Professionals who are considering starting a blog are usually hesitant for a lot of reasons. Most of them very valid.
- They're afraid of how much work it's going to be. And they're already strapped for time.
- They don't know if they'll be able to write interesting stuff.
- They don't quite understand how it will help their business grow.
- They don't know how to grow their readership.
- They don't know how to get one set up on their website or are afraid it's going to cost a lot of money to do it.
- They're afraid that there will be more people that criticize them in their comments than will complement them.
- It's not really something that people in my line of business do. (I hear this a lot from financial and legal people.)
- If you have any other reasons, please share them in the comments.
However, I think the biggest reason not to start a blog, is because they don't know how to get started. I usually tell them to find interesting blogs, start subscribing and reading them via a feedreader. Then, start leaving comments on those blogs. Eventually, you'll write a really long comment and you'll realize that you should post your thoughts to your own blog instead of in someone else's comments.
But, some people still hesitate. So, I have an offer for any business owner, sales manager, web manager or marketing manager that wants to take me up on it.
If you have some insight and can write a genuinely educational article (on any topic) about your product, service, business or whatever, you're invited to write a guest post on my blog. You can even link to your website.
There's no charge. There's no catch. Your post will have to pass a little bit of editorial review and you must lean more towards educational than promotional. But, all you have to do is apply by filling out this form.